News If Your iPhone or iPad Won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network …
Ever notice that your phone is using cell phone data even when you are at home on your Wi-Fi? This can be a costly problem if you go over on your cellular data plan. Use the steps below and learn what to do if you’re having issues with your device connecting to a Wi-Fi connection:
- Make sure the router is on and within range. If you are too far away, then your phone won’t be able to receive a signal from the router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi on your device is turned on and that you can see your network. Tap setting> Wi-Fi and make sure the slide bar is green. Tap the name of your Wi-Fi to join the network. A blue checkmark beside the network name means that you are connected.
- If prompted, type in your Wi-Fi password.
- Still can’t connect? Yet, other devices in your home are connected? Restart your phone or iPad and try steps 1-3 again.
- Still no connection? Reset your network settings. Tap Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings that you’ve used before.
After resetting the network settings and repeating the steps above, likely you will be able to connect to your network. If not, check to make sure your IOS software is up-to-date and then call 800-MYAPPLE for additional assistance.
SKT News Related NewsVisit Newsroom
COVID-19 July 30 UpdateView Article
UPDATED! Financial Hardship Due to COVID-19? Get H...View Article
Free Wi-Fi Hotspot Drive-Up Locations for Students...View Article
Burden and SKT – Early Histories in Three PartsView Article
Top Seven Mobile Payment OptionsView Article
Events & Community Involvement
11th Annual Pasture Golf Tournament Another Succe...View Article