Tips Keeping Children Safe Online During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The internet can be wonderful for kids. In fact, it’s been an indispensable tool during the COVID-19 pandemic, with children and young people spending even more time online – using connected devices for education, socializing, and entertainment while confined at home. Keeping children safe online has always been a priority, but never has it been more relevant than today.
Since we’re dealing with a global pandemic, our research has taken us globally – from Africa to Australia to find solid solutions to our common concern: Keeping Children Safe Online. For guidance and in-depth solutions, please utilize the three great resources in the links following these 10 tips to help parents and guardians navigate online dangers:
- Build an open, trusting relationship around technology.
- Co-view and co-play with your child online.
- Build good habits and help your child to develop digital intelligence and social and emotional skills
- Empower your child to make wise online decisions.
- Use devices in open areas of the home.
- Set time limits that balance time spent in front of screens with offline activities.
- Know the apps, games, and social media sites your kids are using.
- Check the privacy settings.
- Use available technologies to set up parental controls on devices.
- Be alert to signs of distress.
The Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children
SKT News Related NewsVisit Newsroom
COVID-19 May UpdateView Article
UPDATED! Financial Hardship Due to COVID-19? Get H...View Article
Free Wi-Fi Hotspot Drive-Up Locations for Students...View Article
SKT Office Temporarily Closed to PublicView Article
Events & Community Involvement
SKT Donates Bags to Local Summer Reading ProgramsView Article
Local Vet Continues Treating Animals During Pandem...View Article