Careers at SKT Content Marketing Specialist
Twin Valley and SKT are seeking a highly creative individual to fill the role of Content Marketing Specialist. This role will support marketing, sales, and operations to increase lead generation, improve brand awareness and perception, and support the company’s growth and innovation.
Twin Valley and SKT are part of the largest family-owned broadband company in Kansas. Having served rural Kansans for more than 80 years, the companies have a strong reputation in their service areas and across the industry. In addition, the marketing team has produced an award-winning website and video campaigns. The Content Marketing Specialist will build on that tradition of excellence, elevating the brands by creating high-quality written and graphic marketing content for both digital and print, while following established brand standards. The right candidate is an innovative, creative, and proactive team player who excels in a fast-paced environment. Proven graphic design and writing experience with portfolio, cover letter, and resume are required to apply.
The employee will office out of Clearwater, Kan., and have the option to work from home part-time. Twin Valley and SKT have multiple locations throughout the state, and other office locations may be considered for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Produce content for lead generation and brand awareness initiatives to support the marketing, sales, and operational goals across multiple companies.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and operations to understand project goals and recommend design and copy solutions that meet the company’s objectives.
- Create and publish high-quality written, graphic, and other marketing content, with great attention to detail, including print, email, website, digital advertising, social media, video, photography, PowerPoint presentations, and promotional items.
- Create and follow a content calendar and meet deadlines.
- Maintain website content including blog, events, employee portal documents and calendar, policy documents, pricing and service options, and status of services updates.
- Plan, write, and design email marketing campaigns and customer communications, including monthly newsletter, maintenance/outage notices, service and pricing updates, and promotions.
- Coordinate all activities for promotional items, including research, design, inventory tracking, and distribution.
- Coordinate video and photo shoots. Assist the Marketing & Sales Manager with video concepts, scripts, and storyboards, in collaboration with our video production partner.
- Assist with employee apparel orders, ensuring that brand standards are adhered to for aesthetic, design, logo use, and colors.
- Edit and proof marketing materials.
- Assist in preparing documents and supporting materials for grant applications.
- Maintain records of all marketing materials and CPNI reporting. Assist with other reports and research.
- Publish annual legal notices in local newspapers and maintain records for FCC reporting.
- Maintain and organize a photo and video library.
- Distribute marketing materials and promotional items, which may include some travel throughout the service area.
- Support the community outreach initiatives and community public relations, marketing, and sales activities for the companies. In addition to regular duties, this may include tasks such as planning and executing events, participating in community events and outreach activities, completing registrations, coordinating staff and volunteers, presenting product/service presentations, coordinating community presentations, and providing administrative support to the community relations manager.
- Assist with research, development, and implementation of innovative marketing technologies to improve the customer experience, increase sales, and create efficiencies through automation.
- Request project bids, when applicable, and adhere to the marketing budget.
- Develop collaborative and forward-thinking relationships with employees across departments to support the companies and their objectives.
- Stay informed of developments in marketing, communications, graphic design, and the broadband industry.
- Work with external partners and vendors as needed to ensure alignment with project expectations.
- Contribute to and maintain a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or relevant field of study.
- Three or more years of successful hands-on experience with developing and creating high-quality graphic design and written materials, including for web, print, email, social media, and digital advertising.
- Proven ability to be an innovative, creative, proactive, and self-directed team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and meets deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge in effective use of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft 365; WordPress and email marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills including ability to compose and curate content, design graphics, and write and edit compelling articles, posts, ads, and other copy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in photography and video production preferred.
- Excellent copy-editing skills; knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Telecommunications product and industry knowledge preferred.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and businesses.
- High level of alertness, concentration, accuracy, and time management.
- Ability to adapt to working in changing conditions and environments.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for prolonged periods; occasionally stoop/bend.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with a service-oriented approach.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities/projects.
- Ability to travel to service areas, company offices, and industry events.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license, maintain a good driving record, and be insured under Company’s insurance policy.
TWIN VALLEY & SKT CORE VALUES
- Humor & Fun
- Lead by Example
- Continuous Improvement
- “Team First” Initiative
We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans. Twin Valley & SKT’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan. Twin Valley & SKT offer many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, employee discounts, and community charity support to just name a few.
Interested applicants may submit cover letters and resume to Twin Valley Telephone, Inc., P O Box 395, Miltonvale, KS 67466 Attn: Ashley Woodworth or email email@example.com. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Twin Valley Telephone and SKT are Equal Opportunity Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origins, citizenship, sex, veteran’s status, age or disability.