Browse the SKT Help Center for all your internet, TV, phone, or security questions and needs.
Internet Is there an app to control my Wi-Fi network that works with my SKT router?
Yes, but it is not required in order for your internet service or router to work. Download the app if you want more control over your network, such as setting and editing your Wi-Fi network name and password, setting up a guest Wi-Fi network, viewing and naming connected devices, and setting parental controls. Follow the steps below to download and install the CommandIQ app.
Set-Up Guide App Set-Up: Step 5
Tap the QR code that appears within the app. (You will be asked to allow the app to access your camera.) Slide the base off your SKT router and point your camera at the QR Code found on the bottom of your router.
Select OK. After you select “Submit,” you may be asked to enter your account number.
Set-Up Guide App Set-Up: Step 6
Otherwise, complete these steps to set-up your Wi-Fi.
Name your network and create a password.
- The Router Name will be used throughout the app.
- The Network Name (SSID) is what you will use as your wireless connection name.
- Select a password for your wireless network. If you do not want to change it on all the devices in your home, use your existing wireless SSID and Password from your current router.
Click “Submit” and you’re all done. Contact us at 888.758.8976 if you need assistance.
Set-Up Guide Main Dashboard
The Dashboard gives you complete control over the devices in your home. Menu items are located in the upper left corner of the screen while any notifications will be displayed in the upper right corner.
All devices are placed into a variety of categories; here are a few examples:
- All Devices
- Media Player
You can also access a list of these connected devices by selecting “All Devices.”
Set-Up Guide Settings
Set Passcode | Set a passcode in addition to the login password
Change App Login Password | Change the app login password
Push Notification | If you want notifications from the app, leave this in the “ON” position
Update SSID | This allows you to rename the Wi-Fi network, set security for the network, and reset the password
Things to try with Alexa | Not offered with the SKT router
Uninstall Application | Allows you to uninstall applications
Language | Select the app preferred language
Remove Router | Do not select this option unless directed by your service provider
Remove Account | Do not select this option unless directed by your service provider
About | Provides a brief summary of what the app does
Terms & Conditions | Provides the terms and conditions you acknowledge by using the app
Set-Up Guide Main Menu
Dashboard | Takes you back to the main dashboard
Parental Control (Basic) | Provides the ability to set profiles and assign devices for basic on/off control
Guest Network | Enables you to quickly and easily set up a network for guests
Device List | Shows all connected devices by category
Set-Up Guide Basic Parental Control
- Select the “+” symbol to create a new profile
- Enter the name for the profile in the box and select the devices you would like to add to this profile
- Select “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the screen
Once the profile is created, you can do the following:
- Use the Pencil icon to edit the profile and add a picture, if desired
- Select the Pause “II” icon to disable all devices connected to this profile
- To bring devices back online, select the Play icon
- Select “Add Device” to add more devices to this profile
- Select “Remove Device” to remove devices from this profile
Set-Up Guide Guest Network
In the screen to set up a guest network, do the following:
- Enter the event name: ex. family visit
- Set the name of the wireless guest network.
- In the drop-down box, set a password for this guest network (highly recommended to keep your network safe).
- Additional boxes allow you to set and confirm your password.
- If you set this network to Endless, it will stay available.
- The alternative is to set a Start and End time for this guest login to be valid.
- Once you’ve set the parameters for your guest network, select “Save & Send SMS” at the bottom of the screen.
- This brings up your contact list. Email a link directly to your guest(s) for easy access to Wi-Fi.
- Once you have sent your email, you will have the option to send to other guests or simply select “DONE” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Guest Network from the main screen to edit, delete, or send it to other guests.
Set-Up Guide Device List
From this view, you can see basic information about each Wi-Fi connected device on your network, including:
- Device identification
- Signal strength of the device
- How it is connected to the network
You also can remove Wi-Fi access for individual devices by moving the toggle button from “On” to “Off.”
If you tap on a device from this screen, it will bring up additional details for that device.
Set-Up Guide Device Details
By selecting the Pencil icon on the right side, you can rename the device to something easier for you to identify.
Data Usage shows data that was used by this specific device.
The bottom box shows additional connection details for this device.
By toggling the On/Off button you can turn off or on Wi-Fi for this device.